Medical Doctors Support Top 5 Science-Based Fish Oil Benefits
In today’s world, it is rare when medical professionals encourage and promote the use of a vitamin supplement. Usually, physicians are focused only on prescribing medicines sold by drug companies.
But fish oil seems to be an exception. Top medical experts have examined the immense amount of research and now encourage their patients to take fish oil daily.
What is Fish Oil, Anyway?
Fish oil is a dietary source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s are the substances your body needs to support just about every part of the body.
Omega-3s have been identified by hundreds of international studies as an essential nutrient for all ages, from conception to aging adults. Published studies clearly show that fish oil can provide extraordinary health benefits for people throughout their lives.
Unfortunately, Americans have some of the lowest Omega-3 intakes of any developed country
How to Get Fish Oil Every Day
Fish oil is loaded with valuable Omega-3 fatty acids. However, these compounds must come from food, since our bodies can’t make them.
Fish oil contains two primary Omega-3s called:
- docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
Some of the best sources of DHA and EPA include salmon, mackerel, and some shellfish, like mussels, oysters and crabs. But eating enough fatty fish to gain the helpful advantages of Omega-3s is difficult for the most people.
Luckily, there is another simple option! Taking a fish oil supplement can help you meet your daily intake of Omega-3s.
What is Fish Oil Good For?
When reading this article, you’ll learn that Omega-3 fatty acids are incredibly important to every person’s overall health. They have many powerful benefits for your body, and few nutrients have been studied as much as Omega-3 fatty acids.
Here are 5 advantages that Omega-3 fatty acids provide. All are supported by science and have convinced much of the medical community to support the daily use of fish oil.
- Cardiovascular Health
Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil have supportive features for the heart and circulatory system. In a landmark review of medical studies, it was found that Omega-3 fatty acids are effective in preventing cardiovascular issues, cardiac death, and coronary events, especially in people with high risk. This is a powerful finding which should not be ignored.
When you read the information below, you will know that it is no wonder medical doctors support the use of daily fish oil supplements.
- Heart disease. It’s no secret that the leading cause of death for Americans is heart disease. Every healthcare professional realizes the urgency of letting their patients know that their heart health is essential. Based on a massive amount of research, doctors and nurses should confidently discuss fish oil benefits with their patients.
Even the government agency, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a qualified health claim for EPA and DHA that states, “…research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.”
Studies show that eating foods that are good sources of fish oil twice a week is associated with a reduced risk of developing heart disease. But if you prefer not to fill your plate with salmon or mackerel, taking fish oil supplements has been shown to reduce the risk of heart-related events (such as heart attack) and death.
- High blood pressure. An estimated 75 million Americans (1 in 3 adults) have high blood pressure. High blood pressure contributes to a staggering 1,100 deaths each day, according to the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Fish oil pills may help. Multiple studies report lower blood pressure levels in people who take fish oil supplements.
- There is strong evidence that Omega-3 fatty acids may produce advantages in people with high cholesterol levels. Fish oil can help to lower triglyceride levels (a type of fat in your blood) and help reduce the LDL (bad) levels.
- Brain Health
Whether it affects you or someone you care about, memory and brain problems are something that cause concern for people of all ages. There are at least five million people currently living with age-related dementias, and the most common is Alzheimer’s disease. A loss of brain health affects daily life, not just for the person experiencing the issue, but for loved ones.
Although there is no cure at this time, there is promising news for many aging Americans who are searching for options to maintain their memory.
- One of the most recent studies published found that high dose DHA and EPA help decrease cognitive decline.
- Studies have found a particular form of heart problems, called coronary artery disease, can be a risk factor for dementia. This is thought to be because heart disease reduces blood flow to the brain.
- Research revealed that Omega-3 DHA may improve memory and learning in older adults with mild cognitive impairments.
- Several studies also link higher Omega-3 intake to a reduced risk of Alzheimer's disease.
It makes sense that fish oil supplementation for supporting optimal brain health is something to discuss with your healthcare provider.
- Joint Health
Everyone wants to stay as active and as mobile as possible throughout their lives, but sometimes aches and pains get in the way. Fish oil may offer some assistance.
When medical leaders took a look at the science, they concluded that DHA and EPA, types of Omega-3s, may help relieve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
In these studies, many people said they had less morning stiffness, less joint swelling and pain, and less need for anti-inflammatory drugs to control their symptoms when they took fish oil.
We live in a highly visual world. We are constantly on our computers and smartphones, we stream sporting events and reality shows, and we read constantly to get around in our lives. So, we should protect our eyesight at all costs. Unfortunately, evidence shows that people who don't get enough Omega-3s have a greater risk of eye diseases.
It is DHA which makes up the majority of the retina of your eye (the part that helps you recognize images).
DHA helps protect our eyes, so, when you don't get enough of this Omega-3, vision problems may arise.
For example, macular degeneration is the leading cause of vision loss, affecting more than 10 million Americans. But high levels of fatty acids have been associated with a decreased risk for late age-related macular degeneration.
If your eyes burn, or if you have blurred vision, or you find yourself sensitive to light, you may be suffering from Dry eye syndrome. Dry eye happens when our eyes do not produce enough quality tears to lubricate and nourish our eyes. Fish oil supplements can help benefit those with dry eye disease
For women who are pregnant and those who are breast feeding, there is great value from taking fish oil. Adding Omega-3 supplements during pregnancy is one area where healthcare professionals agree there are well-documented outcomes.
Getting enough Omega-3s during pregnancy and early life is crucial for every child’s development and necessary for the healthy growth of the child.
It helps Moms, too, by protecting against a number of pregnancy-related complications.
Published studies confirm the enormous value of fish oil supplementation and getting adequate amounts of Omega-3 DHA from fish oil during pregnancy (and beyond) cannot be overstated:
- Even before the baby is born, women that take fish oil pills during pregnancy significantly reduced the risk of early delivery.
- From the moment of conception, DHA has been found to play a key role in a baby’s growth. This is why many experts recommend starting supplementation for women who are thinking or trying to get pregnant.
- There is no doubt that fish oil is a building block of brain tissue. DHA is critical during pregnancy to assure proper fetal neurodevelopment (brain development). In other words, this Omega-3 is what helps the baby’s brain grow properly.
- And after the baby is born, Omega-3 fatty acids can help to reduce symptoms of postpartum depression
Which Fish Oil to Buy?
It doesn’t have to be complicated when it’s time to purchase quality Omega-3 fish oil pills. Here are the three most important items to watch for:
- Ingredients. The formula should be based on clinically studied ingredients and be sourced from natural and sustainable sources
- Proper Levels of Nutrients. The product should undergo third-party testing to confirm the levels that are listed on the product are actually in the formula
- Customer Satisfaction. The company should offer a money-back guarantee so that you can return the product if you are not pleased with the results
NutraPrice Pure Fish Oil Formula with Omega-3 Fatty Acids is a superior blend of nutrients that offers multiple advantages over other items:
- The formula was designed to be easily absorbed by the body
- There is no fishy smell
- There is no unpleasant aftertaste, even after several hours
- The product is available in easy-to-swallow softgels
- The product is safe, natural, and has no side effects
- There is a full 60-day return policy to assure you are 100% satisfied with your NutraPrice purchase
The Bottom Line
Fish oil containing Omega-3 fatty acids are vital for optimal health. All over the world, doctors agree that if you’re not a fan of eating a lot of fatty fish, taking an Omega-3 supplement are a highly effective way to get these beneficial nutrients to support your body’s wellness throughout your life.
NutraPrice Pure Fish Oil Formula with Omega-3 Fatty Acids is one of the best products you can choose. (link to product page)
Learn more about the country’s best Fish Oil supplements by clicking this link. (LINK TO COMPARISON)